How To Safely Clean the Screen of an Amazon Echo Show
Each year, screens are getting bigger and better. That certainly is the case for Amazon’s new Echo Show device. This device does it all: plays high-quality videos and music, is easily portable and comes with Amazon’s Alexa personal assistant built in.
Yet, like all digital devices, it doesn’t stay clean for long. This article will give you tips for keeping your Amazon Echo Show device as clean as new.
The Amazon Echo Show: Everything At Your Fingertips
For the uninitiated, Amazon Echo Show is a smart display device, combining Alexa voice-command capabilities with premium speakers and a 10” touchscreen. This versatile device allows you to listen to your favorite music, control smart home devices, view recipes, make video calls, and watch your favorite shows.
You can even set it to work as a digital photo frame when no one’s using it.
The Amazon Echo Show is truly a robust device, yet succumbs to the same perils of all interactive electronics: smudges, dust, and germs. While you’ll likely be using voice commands more often than not to control the Echo Show, even brief use of the touchscreen can leave a smudge that ruins your favorite show and gives common bacteria a new place to thrive.
Thankfully, with regular maintenance and the right cleaning products, you can keep your Amazon Echo Show screen clean and germ-free.
How to Keep Your Amazon Echo Screen Clean
Before we get into how to keep your Amazon Echo Show clean, let’s go into what you absolutely should NOT do.
These are things to avoid when you clean you Amazon Echo Show:
- Use of harsh towels, cloths and rags which only push dirt and germs around
- Using chemical cleaning products that can damage electronic components and screens
- Pressing too hard on the screen when cleaning can cause damage
- Spraying liquids directly onto the Echo Show risks getting moisture inside
- Cleaning the speaker with a dripping cloth
Like a laptop, cell phone or television, the Amazon Echo Home is a sensitive electronic device, so cleaning it requires a sensitive touch.
Follow these simple steps to safely clean your Amazon Echo Show screen and speakers:
- Unplug your Amazon Echo Show
- Use a dry microfiber cloth to wipe away dust and dirt on the screen
- Moisten the cloth with Screen Shine cleaner and rub again to remove skin oil, bacteria, and fingerprints
- To clean the speakers, use compressed air to remove dirt. Wet a regular cloth in warm water, wring it out and then use it to gently wipe the surface of the speaker. After the speaker dries, use a lint roller to remove excess dirt or grime.
Make Your Echo Show Device Crystal Clear
There’s nothing that distracts from the enjoyment of a device quite so much as a smudgy screen that’s covered in germs. Follow the steps listed above and you’ll be enjoying your Amazon Echo Show for years to come!
For all your devices, make Screen Shine and our microfiber cloths your partners in maintaining a cleaner, germ-free home.Want to learn how to safely clean more devices around your home? Be sure to read our guide on how to clean every screen in your home.