We have no problem touching a grimy subway pole and then pulling out our phones to play "Pokémon Go!," but then we press our phones against our cheeks — and that's when things start to get gross.
I recently tested out WHOOSH! Screen Shine, a non-toxic solution that was made with your gadgets in mind, and it actually kept my phone's screen clean for days at a time.
I used an adenosine triphosphate (or ATP) detector on my phone's screen both before and after applying the cleaner. The gadget swabs your screen, detects, and measures the amount of actively growing microorganisms (or bacteria) on it. According to the test, an ATP rating below 10 is clean, 11 to 19 is dirty, and anything above that is disgusting. My phone's screen received an initial rating of 21, and I consider myself a pretty clean person.
Not only did using the cleaner on my phone instantly eliminate the bulk of the bacteria living on it, my phone was still noticeably clean days later. The solution supposedly leaves a nano-coating on your screen to eliminate dust, smudges, and fingerprints as well. I could still see some fingerprints when I tilted my phone a certain way, but I use my phone for everything — texts, emails, Netflix — and a few errant smudges don't bother me.